Thursday, January 01, 2015

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Ahh, 2014. A very interesting year. What can I say? Well. 

 LOOKING BACK...

To start with, let's look back. Now, if you've been here a while, you might remember this terrible graphic... So I've put ticks and crosses on it where appropriate to illustrate what I have and haven't achieved!


1) Read 125 books. NO... I was like 6 books ahead for all of 2014, then December struck. So I'm just off the mark by about 5 books.

2) Make more graphics! YES... I loosely did this one all year, whether it was extra post graphics, banners or little pictures. So I would say yes, though I need to get back into it.

3) Read more classics. NO... I think I read maybe 1 or 2? Hmm. Maybe that one should go back on the list.

4) More UKYA! YES!!! This is the one I'm most impressed with myself about. A lot of the books I read this year were UKYA, and most of my top 10 was made up of it, too.

5) Have confidence and contact people! YES... I have come far in this one; very happy with that.

6) Be more organised. YES... I would say so, anyway.

So they were the resolutions. Other things that happened this year were:-
  • Meeting a lot of authors! I think I met about 15 in total. 
  • YALC. One of the best days of the year! 
  • Reaching quite a few followers... I didn't expect so many ever, to be honest!

 LOOKING FORWARD...

Now, let's look forward. To the future!! I haven't made a graphic this year I'm afraid...

RESOLUTIONS...

1) Read 75 books. Yes, this is a dramatic decrease from last year, but it's y9/start of y10, so lots of lovely revision, coursework and other lovely things going on. Oh, the joy. Probably still a steep goal, but I'm presuming I'll get a lot read over the summer.

2) Read more classics. It probably won't happen, again, but hey. Let's stick it on there, and hope for the best.

3) Blog about what you want, not what others want. 

Yes, I'm only setting 3 for 2015. There is so much going on that I just want to set those and do everything else quite freely. 

In 2015 a few things are happening that I've never done before, including going to a concert and going abroad (France) so it should be a good year!

Happy new year; Tori and I will see you soon!


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and good luck with your resolutions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun year ahead, but my mouth is hanging open at how you read 120 books this year. Congratulations and happy belated New Year!

    Amelia @ YA Bookologists (ya-bookologists.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori