Monday, December 29, 2014

Tori's Top 10 of 2014



Now, this is the first time that I have done a top 10 so I found this quite hard. Also, I’ve read many amazing books this year therefore, it took me ages to ponder which ones were the best but I have managed to pick them. Let’s get started then.

 10 - Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
At number 10, I picked Clockwork Princess and I adored this book after reading the other two in the series.  It was written beautifully and although I was sobbing through most of it, this book was hilarious, exciting and amazing.

9 - Mist and Frost by Kathryn James
I chose these for number 9 because they were thrilling to read and the romance between the two characters was so cute. I read Mist in the Easter holidays and loved it but then I had to wait until I went back to school for the second and the wait was so painful.

8 - Every Day by David Levithan
At 8, here is my favourite David Levithan book, Every Day. This book was perfect and I was going to write a review for it (which is a rare occurrence, I know) but I just didn’t have any words for how much I loved it.


7 - Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson
This book is the second in the series and it was action-packed. From the first page, I was hooked and throughout the book I laughed, cried, screamed, gasped and almost through it across the room (but I didn’t because it’s a book and they need to be handled with care). It was just an incredible read.

6 - Soulmates by Holly Bourne
This is one of the cutest and most heart-breaking books you will ever read which is why I loved it. It also had a big impact on the way I perceive things which is strange and amazing that those words could have a big effect on me so it was fascinating.

5 - Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Surprisingly, I have reviewed Elsewhere which just shows that it is astoundingly good.  The interpretation of death is really unique and creative and the plot was exciting so I am in love with this book.


4 - Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I have hardly any words to describe how much I love this book. The characters, the plot, the romance, the creativity. All of it was just simply perfect.

3 - The Maze Runner by James Dashner
At number 3, I chose The Maze Runner because AMAZINGNESS! There was action, romance, mystery and I just love it so much.

2 - Trouble by Non Pratt
To describe this book in two words: ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! It ticks the boxes for everything a fantastic novel needs.

And now, drumroll please…

My favourite book of 2014 had to be Eleanor and Park due to the beautiful writing, the heart-breaking ending, the amazing plot, and of course, the adorable romance.  It is impossible for me to express the amount of love I have for this book but I can say that I love it more than chocolate (which is a lot).

Wow. 

I have probably read more books this year than I ever have before and cannot wait until next year to read even more!

Have a happy new year and I wish everyone the best for 2015!

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it's really hard to do a top 10! I'm reading City of Heavenly Fire right now, hoping to end the year with a great book by my favorite author. Glad you enjoyed it! Ommigosh - I love Eleanor and Park, don't get me started!
    Great top 10! Hope you have a great New Years!
    - Cambrie @ and so the book begins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elsewhere so much! Such a lovely, poignant book. I wish death was really like that!

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori