Saturday, December 27, 2014

Charli's Top 10 of 2014!

It feels like yesterday that I sat writing a similar post; but here we are, over a hundred books later, with my top 10 of 2014. These were really hard to rank, and so, 10-2 are ranked extremely closely. So, who will take Charli's prize this year..?


10 - Bird by Crystal Chan | Review
At number 10 we have Bird. I adored Bird because it was so beautifully written and just incredibly moving. 

9 - Split Second and Every Second Counts by Sophie McKenzie | Review (SS) | Review (ESC)
At 9, we have McKenzie's newest duology. I read both books in 2014, and I love them! They have everything I want in a book; making some perfect reads that I hope to revisit sometime. 

8 - The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery | Review
I read The 100 Society on several car journeys, and my mum nearly crashed the car several times from my squealing/frustration/flapping around of hands. That says it all, really.


7 - Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Do I have to say anything? Anything at all? Such a good book. Gah.

6 - Half Bad by Sally Green | Review
Half Bad was obviously going to make the list this year! It's phenomenally written and I just absolutely loved it. I love Nathan and I can't wait for the next one in 2015.

5 - Far From You by Tess Sharpe | Review
Honestly, this is something I think everyone should pick up. It's raw and poignant, and just beautiful.

 4 - If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch | Review
Oh, this book. Amazing. A beautiful cover to match a beautiful book. Just to show how amazing it is, it won my schools' summer book of the year scheme this year!

3 - Trouble by Non Pratt | Review | Reasons to Read
Tori and I have raved about Trouble again and again, so is it any surprise at all that it makes the list? I can't wait for Non's next novel, Remix, this year.

2 - The Elites by Natasha Ngan | Review
THIS BOOK WAS PERFECTION and I have wanted to push it onto people, but haven't so I can keep it to myself ;). Joking aside, this is brilliant and I was completely captivated. 

REVIEW
Is it actually any surprise at all that this is my number 1 book? I have raved and raved and raved about Solitaire. I have never felt quite so connected to a story and characters. I adore Alice's writing style and just everything to do with this book.

So there it is! My top 10 of 2014. What a reading year. I'd like to give massive honourable mentions to the following books, as it was so hard to whittle it down this year!

  • Tease by Amanda Maciel 
  • Lobsters by Lucy Ivison and Tom Ellen 
  • Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski 
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 
  • The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak 
  • This Book is Gay by James Dawson (which is the only non-fiction book I loved this year!)

See you in 2015!

 


2 comments:

  1. Niiice list. Far From You is on my tbr list. And Solitaire looks so so GOOD. I think I need that book in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some incredible books on your list this year! I absolutely loved Bird, Trouble, Far From You and Eleanor and Park as well. Hope 2015 is amazing for reading for you both as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori