Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Charli Reviews: Better than Perfect

Derek has a perfect body, THE sexiest smile and a car - Ashtyn's only way to escape from her crazy life. But Derek likes to play by his own rules and is keen to take Ashtyn on a ride she'll never forget. As they spend more and more time alone together, will Derek's flirty games drive Ashtyn wild?

Author: Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Date of Publication: This Edition - August 2014
Pages: 344
Source: Review copy via the publisher
Goodreads | Amazon

I received a free copy of this book from Bloomsbury in exchange for a honest review. This does not affect my review/opinions in any way. Thank you Bloomsbury!

I decided to read this on a day where I felt that I needed a cute contemporary read, and it definitely was! I really enjoyed this and devoured it in a day; and even though it wasn't flawless, I'd totally recommend it to someone wanting a fluffy fix.

I actually really disliked Ashtyn, the main character. I'm not really sure why, but I found her a bit shallow and really indenial. There wasn't quite enough background and formation, for me personally, to get along with her. I also wasn't keen on Derek until about halfway through the book.

Throughout the book I found that there was little description and not much to set the scene; which is something I like in a book. However, the romance was amazing and wasn't too instant, which I really liked. I really liked was the fact that it had small themes running through it, like the purple skittles.

Another thing I commend the author for was that Ashtyn was a sportswoman, and this was a main theme. Elkeles didn't try to put it on the down-low and made Ashtyn a strong character, one who didn't need a man, just wanted one.

I really enjoyed reading this as a quick, contemporary book even though it was slightly cliche and had a few faults. It was funny and genuine, with several themes that I loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori