Monday, September 08, 2014

Tori Reviews: I'll Be There

Emily Bell believes in destiny. To her, being forced to sing a solo in the church choir—despite her average voice—is fate: because it’s while she’s singing that she first sees Sam. At first sight, they are connected.

Sam Border wishes he could escape, but there’s nowhere for him to run. He and his little brother, Riddle, have spent their entire lives constantly uprooted by their unstable father. That is, until Sam sees Emily. That’s when everything changes.

As Sam and Riddle are welcomed into the Bells’ lives, they witness the warmth and protection of a family for the first time. But when tragedy strikes, they’re left fighting for survival in the desolate wilderness, and wondering if they’ll ever find a place where they can belong.

Author: Holly Goldbery Sloan
Publisher: Piccadilly Press
Date of Publication: March 2012
Pages: 256
Source: Borrowed
Goodreads | Amazon


At first I picked this book up from the school library thinking, ‘This will  picked this book up thinking 'be nice for the summer. It sounds very cute and will not break my heart with a bad event happening to one of the characters.’ It was AMAZING AND SO CUTE but parts broke my heart…

The plot was so well thought out and intriguing that I could not put the book down. It just kept getting better and better then got interesting then MAJOR PLOT TWIST and I couldn’t stop reading it!

Also, it was written perfectly! The descriptions were perfect. The language used was perfect. The whole book was perfect! I absolutely loved the way the emotions were described the best. It made my heart flip, melt, break and stop for moments.

As for the characters, I loved all of them. However, at first I disliked the main character, Emily, because she kept talking about feeling a romantic connection and being in love with someone she just met. Though, I did come to love her and Sam.

Sam is Emily’s boyfriend. His dad, Clarence, is a criminal who has to move around a lot and brings his two sons, Sam and his little brother Riddle, with him. Sam and Riddle are left to look for their own food, find a place to go during the day and aren’t cared for. I instantly loved Sam because he always thought about and helped other people before himself and was so caring!

Overall, this book was beautifully written and I fell in love with it. I would recommend this book to ANYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori