Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Bookish Confessionary: I'm a Little Scaredy Cat...

Welcome to The Bookish Confessionary, where I confess to all my bookish sins! GIF'S ARE NOT MINE.

I'm a little scaredy cat, short and stout...

Honestly? I hate horror.  


We read a few Goosebumps books back in Year 4, and I was okay with that, but generally, I hate it.

NOW.

I've wanted to read Say Her Name, by the one and only Queen Dawson, for ever.

It's been sitting on my shelves forever.

Taunting me.

"Come on Charli. You'll love me, even though I'll give you nightmares..."

It sounds phenomenal. And I keep going to pick it up.... Then I wimp out.

Because apart from those few, tame little Goosebumps books, I've never really touched horror.


So, really, I'm writing this confession in the hopes that you guys will help psych me up in the comments, and get me to read this book! Before Halloween and before I meet the Queen himself on the 30th of October.

Perhaps, I could revisit Goosebumps before I read it? Let me know in the comments what I should do!


5 comments:

  1. Peer pressure, Peer Pressure, Peer Pressure... nahhh :) I personally don't know why some books are shelved as horror so it may not be that scary. You have my support to read whatever you want. We were talking in class about how getting out of our comfort zone is good, so I do recommend that too.

    Amelia @ YA Bookologists (ya-bookologists.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia! I'm going to try it soon :D

      Delete
  2. trust me. horror books aren't that scary. the descriptions might be...a little gory and there may be a lot of weird paranormal stuff going on...buuut other than that it's fine! honestly! like once you read one horror book, you won't be able to stop! oh and also...might just throw this in here. I LOVE UR BLOG!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, are you sure you hate horror? I mean, if you haven't really read it (apart from Goosebumps), then how do you know? You should give it a try! Maybe you'll like it more than you thought!

    Does that help? Even just a little bit?

    I feel like I can't help any more than that because, like you, I haven't ever really read horror! It's not that I necessarily hate it (well, I don't like scary movies), but it's just... never really hyped up in YA? Like, James Dawson is the only YA author I can think of off the top of my head who writes horror, and I know that's not true. But for some reason that genre just hasn't made a splash like contemporaries and dystopians and all the other things. I'm sure it's moment must be coming though. Right?

    Oh there you go, use that as another reason. Read horror now, so when it comes you can be the person who knew it before it was. A trendsetter. The first.

    See? I'm a persuasive machine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm a total scaredy cat too! I even get nightmares from MG horror books! I find what helps is not reading the scary books before bed, for example. The night-light helps too, when it gets too bad...

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori