Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'm Not Going to Finish... The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices

So early this year, I read the first five books in The Mortal Instruments series by the one and only Cassandra Clare. 

I read all five, because although they weren't mind-blowing, they were okay, and I don't like leaving series unfinished.

Now, Tori told me that really, I should have read The Infernal Devices first, and I definitely need to read them before I read City of Heavenly Fire.

So I read Clockwork Angel.

I think I did actually rate it 5/5, but looking back, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I thought I did. I think, without realising, I felt pressured to like it and forced myself into liking it.

Now. I took Clockwork Prince out of the library in July, and I was super hyped for it. But then... I didn't read it, and I didn't read it, and I didn't read it.

I took it back a few weeks ago. I realised I just wasn't bothered.

I don't care what happens to Will and Tessa in TID (especially since I know a huge spoiler anyway, and that was the only thing I wanted to know), and I don't particularly care about what happens to Clary or Jace either, really.

Don't get me wrong. I really liked, loved, even, the first books in that series. But I'm just not bothered about finishing it.

At least not bothered enough to sit through 700 pages of the two books in The Infernal Devices that I haven't read, then the 700 pages of City of Heavenly Fire.

Does this make me a bad book nerd? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori