Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Bookish Confessionary: My New Stance on Hardbacks

Welcome to The Bookish Confessionary; The only place to secretly confess to all your bookish sins! 


Some of you may remember this post, the first ever bookish confession. If you don't, click the link. CLICK IT. Then come back here.

Now you're all caught up.

Recently I've read some hardbacks. I even BOUGHT TWO the other day.




I've found now, that they're not that bad, and since I've grown up, I don't bump then that often (I mean I hadn't read one in like 2 years).

And it's reallllyyyy cool when they have like a foil print underneath and they're all pretty.

And they're just realllllyyyy pretty. And shiny. And they feel nice.

And for my hate of dust-jackets... They're so pretty, so I can just take them off when I'm reading it.

CHARLI WHY DID YOU USED TO MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OF IT?!

Normally I hate the plastic wrapping they put on library books, but it's good for hardbacks, because they tape the dustjacket to it and so it's all stable and doesn't slip and yeah.

SO YEAH. LANDLINE AND THE FOUR COLLECTION, HERE I COME. (I've been waiting for these two books forever, so I needed to get them. aND SO MUCH PRETTYYYY)

This has been quite a short confession because I needed to schedule this! I'm currently at camp, possibly being eaten by large insects and or a bear. 

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Charli! Also I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a bear while you were away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite how annoyingly vexatious those jackets are I think the hardback is infact superior to the humble paperback. I'm not trying demote the perfectly good ol' paperback or anything I just love how grand a hardback feels when you hold it in your hands.
    Cool post! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marian! I tend to just take the jackets off so they can be admired ;)

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori