Thursday, August 14, 2014

Charli Rants and Raves About... Just One Day

Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.

Author: Gayle Foreman
Publisher: Dutton / Random House
Date of Publication: January 2013
Pages: 400
Source: Library
Goodreads | Amazon

*****FILLED WITH SPOILERS. READ AT RISK****

MY FIRST GAYLE FOREMAN! I borrowed this because I was about 12th on the reservation list for If I Stay (now 4th!!) and I wanted to read some of her writing.

And... GAH. I loved and hated it so much.

I loved the romance and the characters and the food and the little themes and the writing and just omg *flails*

BUT...

WHO WOULD GO TO PARIS WITH SOMEONE THEY HAD JUST MET, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WEREN'T FROM THE COUNTRY THEY WERE CURRENTLY IN.

LIKE REALLY.

Allyson wasn't a stupid character. I mean she was pre-med. Before she didn't want to be. And she was very good in the Shakespeare classes and generally, she wasn't a stupid character.

I JUST... NO.

But it was the cutest thing in the world <3

I really loved the Shakespeare theme running through it; the little references and plays (especially when I understood it all!).

I read it in two sittings and I adored it, but I couldn't get over her going to Paris.

And then, even after KNOWING HE GODDAMN LEFT, she was obsessed with this guy she knew BARELY ANYTHING ABOUT, and had to try and find him. JUST NO.

AND I REALLY LOVED THIS GODDAMN BOOK BUT ALLYSON... REALLY? HE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO YOU. Yes he was a great Sebastian BUT ARE YOU THAT STUPID!

Also, well done for standing up to your parents eventually.


Did you guys like this "review"? It was going to be more distinguished and still ranting/raving but... this happened.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it doesn't sound very realistic if she just spontaneously went to Paris with some randomer.
    That being said, I am really intrigued by your review. Even though I haven't actually read it I think this book could be a possible favourite. I love travel and that whole Shakespeare thing is very appealing.
    Marian ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I found... It was so good, but it just wasn't logical to me! The Shakespeare and travel elements were great!

      Charli x

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori