Sunday, July 06, 2014

YALC Thoughts

YALC is only a week away, and I'm very excited! So I thought I'd talk about it a bit today. 

This is probably the most excited I've been ever! Some of my very favourite authors will be there and I'm going to meet some bloggers I've been talking to for a year or more. 

But. 

It didn't really hit me till I started making plans with people. 

No one from my internet life has ever met me before. They may have seen a picture or two, but it's not the same. 

I'm very self conscious. 

On the Internet, I don't have to hide myself.

My weight. My spots. My voice. My way too opinionated nature. My social awkwardness. The way I dress. The way I will have to do my exercises every once in a while. The way I'll lag behind and my legs will kill with pain from walking. 

And the fact that people who mean the absolute world to me will see this?

It scares me.

It scares me a lot.

And it shouldn't, because I know they'll be lovely and helpful and funny. 

But it does. 

Nothing will really change from writing this, but I thought I would. 

1 comment:

  1. Charli! What a great post *hugs*. I think you need to remember that you are not alone! Ive been to quite a few events and I still get nervous and dont say hi to people because I get shy. I worry that it will awkward, and Ill make a fool of myself, and disappoint people who were expecting something else. Sometimes you just have to risk it though in order to meet the authors you adore, and get to know the people you are friends with online. And nearly always youll be glad afterwards you made the leap!

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori