Friday, July 25, 2014

Blogoversary Day 4: What Makes You a Reader?

Today I'm welcoming Sophie, Hawwa, Georgia and Arianne to talk about what makes them a reader. 

Hawwa (It Was Lovely Reading You)


Q: What makes me a reader?
A: 

Arianne (Reading with ABC)


"What makes me a reader? I love good stories. I read and find whole new world within the pages. Books have heart and soul. I read and see a sky full of stars."

Sophie (A Day Dreamer's World)


I sat pondering this for a while, as it's something I've never quite contemplated, even though I've loved reading ever since I can remember. Although, I think what makes me a reader is the adventures I've had(so far). I'm never just sitting curled up on a chair or reading beneath the shade of a tree - but somewhere else. There have been trips to: Whyteleafe School(making it my childhood dream to go to a boarding school similar to the one from the Naughtiest Girl series), back in time to Foundling Hospitals(Hetty Feather), the Capitol to participate in the Hunger Games and different planets such as New World(The Knife of Never Letting Go). The experiences I've had, whilst I've laughed-out-loud and sobbed uncontrollably, continue to make me a reader. As I discover more books, I learn of new places, and they have really inspired my interest in the world. Here's a graphic I designed, including some of my awful book photography! 



Georgia (The Bibliomaniac)


The book that made me a reader as a young child was definitely (my first chapter book:) Harry Potter!:D The first time I read it was when I was five, and as soon as I finished the last page of it, I turned right back to the start. I kept rereading it until I was able to get my hands on a copy of the sequel. Harry Potter definitely made me a reader because of the fantasy elements. Never before had I been able to escape from reality into a world that was so imaginative and fantastical and admirable before.
So, I guess the main thing that makes me a reader is the escapism! I love how many possibilities and worlds there are within books, and I just love to get caught up in a fictional story for a while, whether it's in a fantastical land or simply a contemporary thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori