Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blogoversary Day 2: TAW's Story


Some of you know that about a year ago I closed my general blog, Life Through Rose-Tinted SunGlasses, or RTSG. Some of you also know that I had made TAW slightly before, trying to simultaneously blog. 

On July 25th, 2013, this tweet happened.














I had lied. I really only had one, which was rubbish. Then, I thought of To Another World, and it was born. I posted a welcome post, and a review soon after (Casting Shadows by Sophie McKenzie). I won't link to that review, because it makes me cringe.

I very quickly realised I couldn't do both. I also realised that the closure of RTSG was a long time coming, that I had lost enthusiasm a while ago. I actually tried to get a co-blogger for it, but then decided that it was better gone.

I haven't looked back since. I love the community and I love the buzz.

I didn't realise it at the time, but I have now. Before TAW came about, I'd lost my passion for reading. I still loved it, but having moved to secondary school, not having time... It was just not there as much as it was.

My family aren't poor, but I don't get to buy books very often. I'd read all the books at the library (or the ones I wanted to, anyway). And the school library, too. I had read all the books on my shelf night after night. I was bored of them.

Now, let me clarify. I am not in this for the books. I didn't even know about the "free books" element until I started! 

But yes. It stopped my passion.

I'm thankful that I decided, on a complete whim, to begin TAW. It's gotten me through so much over the last year, as has the community itself. I want to thank every single blogger or author that's taken time to not only read my blog, but help me when I'm down, give me advice, be my shoulder. Or listen to my worries, read my post drafts, answer my questions.

I have loved the recommendations. I've discovered thousands of books that I might read someday, or definitely will.

I have loved the friends.

I have loved the lovely publicists and authors.

I have loved the support.

I have loved everything. Even with the sad things in the blogging world sometimes, plagiarism, bullying, meanness, rumours... I love it.

And I do not intend to let go for a while yet.

Thank you, everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. Me...same with the library and book buying thing. I can't believe that you have only been blogging for a year. My own omfirst anniversary is coming up in a couple months.

    Amelia @ YA Bookologists (ya-bookologists.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWH THIS IS SUCH A NICE POST. And heh nor did I [know about the free books] when I found out people were't reviewing library books/books they already owned like I was I was MIND. BLOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY, CHARLI!! Man, I almost can't believe that it's already been over a year since I first met you on Twitter. Time sure has flown. I hope your second year of blogging on this blog is even better than the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU, Charli! Always remember that you help make the blogging world the place that we all love! This is such a sweet story too, thank you for sharing it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori