Saturday, June 21, 2014

TFiOS Movie Fangirlyness

**MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK AND FILM. READ AT RISK**

SO. Yesterday, I (Charli), Madi, Kyra, Han, Freya and Cecil went to see The Fault in Our Stars Movie. 

i can't even

i just can't

like it wasn't perfect but asdfghjkl

help me

CRYING STATS: 

CHARLI: Since Hazel went into the hospital, didn't stop, EXTREME UGLY CRYING. Has never cried at a book or film before. EVER.

MADI: Same as but more extreme when she was shouting at her mum about the ICU

KYRA: FOR THE WHOLE THING. But it got worse obvs

HANNAH: Same as but stopped and started

CECIL: extremely discreet crying but as soon as we know he will die

FREYA: none. #heartlessgiraffe (inside thing okay? okay.)

So. What was wrong with it?! 

A few facts were wrong and stuff

Madi says she didn't like how they had adlibs, I liked those as a thing but I don't know cuz NOT THE BOOK

But everything else was pretty damn amazing

DO NOT GO AND SEE IT OKAY??? OKAY. LIKE SERIOUSLY YOU WILL CRY SO HARD YOU CAN SAY THAT YOU DON'T CRY AT BOOKS OR FILMS BUT YOU WILL I DON'T EVEN CARE YOU WILL (unless you're a heartless giraffe like Freya). 


I will write a coherent review at some point but this is what you have for now

2 comments:

  1. I went and watched it this morning, it finished three hours ago and I feel like someone close to me has died. Like you I never cry at books (I've cried at 3 films) but it got to the end where Hazel was driving away from the Funeral and reading Gus' letter and tears just started streaming down my face and they didn't stop. By the end I was just shaking with sobs.

    It's such a good film but I don't think I can wait so long for it to come out on DVD!

    Great Fangirling review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think this is the best type of review! There were literally people screeching and crying in the cinema I was in, it was crazy! I only cried right at the end because I mean that broke me and I was just like WHAT IS HAPPENING NO NO NONONONONONONONONO but there wasn't a dry eye in that cinema. I need Augustus though, my very own AUGUSTUS. Without the dying bit though. Preferably.

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori