Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Charli Reviews: Sweet Honey

Honey is going to live with her dad in Australia. Determined to make a fresh start, she couldn't be further away from the tough times at Tanglewood.

Her new life is a dream come true - until school begins. The girls are different from Honey's friends in England and the only person who seems to understand her is the cute boy from the beach she's chatting to online.

But when he, the girls at school and even her dad start breaking promises, who can she trust? All alone on the other side of the world, Honey's past is about to catch up with her . . .

Author: Cathy Cassidy
Series: Chocolate Box Girls #5
Publisher: Puffin
Date of Publication: June 5th 2014
Pages: 308
Source: Bought
Goodreads | Amazon

**Possible spoilers for previous books in the series. Spoilers for this book blocked out**

After waiting nearly a whole year since I read Coco Caramel (the second ever review I did on this blog!), I got a copy of this a few days early when I met Cathy. And I finished it the very same day! A lot of this one took me by surprise for several reasons.

Everyone who has read these books knows about the girls: bubbly, gorgeous, unique. Maybe with a few problems along the way, but all the same. It's what makes the books so lovely, right? What we also know is that Honey is not sweet like honey. She's mean, troubled and shadowed.

So, I wondered how the book was going to play out. Was she going to be the same, or would she be like the others? The book begins where we left off; after the events of the summer, Honey is moving to the Down Under to live with her dad.

Sweet Honey definitely shows you another side of Honey. I'll let you decide on your own what you think of that side. But what I will say, is that I loved it; and, it being in her point of view, there is so much more background for her character.

I love how Cassidy links all of the series up; for instance, topics like Shay and Cherry are bought up, with the sharp bitterness that we all know and love. In a lot of series, the other books are completely forgotten after re-introducing goings-on.

The emails, posts on "Spiderweb" (kind of like a cross between Facebook, Instagram and other social media websites I think) and the hacking plot all worked really effectively. They broke up the book a bit and, though they already were fairly modern, made the series just that little more relatable.

The romance is actually perfect. I want my own Ash! He's sounds gorgeous, and, I mean, he can make ice-cream sundaes. What more do you want?!

I loved Sweet Honey just as much as the other books in this series. It has everything you want in a summer read, so if you haven't read the others, get a hold of them, and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori