Monday, June 30, 2014

Charli Reviews: Cracks

Who do you trust when your whole life is a lie?
Cal’s discovering that his life is not as ordinary as he thought.
That’s scary.
Particularly when it seems he’s the very last to know.
He needs to find out the truth – but, with lies, anger, and deceit on all sides, is there anyone he can trust?

Author: Caroline Green
Publisher: Piccadilly Press
Date of Publication: May 2012
Pages: 245
Source: Review copy from the publisher
Goodreads | Amazon

I received a free copy of this book from Piccadilly Press in exchange for a honest review. This does not affect my review/opinions in any way. Thank you Piccadilly Press!

Cracks is one of those books I'm in the middle with. I didn't really love it, but I didn't hate it by any stretch of the imagination.

The blurb doesn't give too much away (the Goodreads one does, so I've used the book one here) so I didn't know what to expect from this. I requested it on a recommendation from Jack, who loves it. So, I'm not going to talk about what happens in this book because I think it ruins the story.

The plotline was interesting and I had questions from the start. However, as it went on, I found it became kind of complicated. I thought the original live was good but then a huge plot twist came in, and I think that that is what put me off this book.

As a character, Cal was okay. I had no particular interest in him, nor a hate of him (much like the entire book, in fact).

Also, the ending annoyed me. Now, I know there is a sequel, but I saw no need for the cliffhanger. Just another couple of sentences would have done it for me.

I can't really comment on the romance, because of the plotline twists. But, it was really sweet and I did like it as a sub-plot within the book.

So overall, I am quite indifferent about this book. It was neither good or bad, and the aspect that really decided my rating was definitely the plotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori