Friday, June 13, 2014

Blogger Spotlight: Sofia at Crazy Little Fangirl - Disney Princess Book Tag

Today we are hosting one of Sofia's posts! She's really cool and more people should read her blog; and I'm actually going to meet her in a few days! Her blog is here and her twitter is @SofiCarstairs 

1) Anna and Elsa – A book with siblings in it.

For this category I immediately thought of My Life Next Door but then my mind wandered to my favourite book of this year, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. This book is a romance story as the name suggests but it also focuses very strongly on Lara Jean and her family. Lara Jean, Margot and Kitty are very close and they all look after their dad and they have an amazing family dynamic as a whole. If you haven’t read this book, I strongly suggest you do because I really do love this book.

2) Rapunzel – A book that made you emotional.

Now I am not one to cry in books but the book that bought me closest to tears was Clockwork Princess.If you have read this book you will know exactly why. That certain part in the middle with that certain character that I love very much makes me very very upset. Every time I read it I have to put the book down and stop myself from crying. Not that I would cry anyway because the tears will never actually come.

3) Merida – A book featuring a female warrior.


For this one  I had to pick Throne of Glass. Celaena is my favourite protagonist and maybe even my favourite fictional character. She is an assassin so of course she kicks ass. It’s hard to find a kick ass female lead in YA books but Celaena is one. She doesn’t need a guy to protect, guys need her to protect them.

4) Tiana – A book that has realist struggles.

For this I had to pick Eleanor and Park. This book will break your heart into little pieces because life gets in the way of such a perfect love story. This book has a lot of realist struggles and that’s why I adore about Rainbow Rowell. She doesn’t write perfect characters, she writes real characters. This book tackles the problems that a lot of people do face but I don’t want to tell you what they are because it might be spoilery.

5) Belle – A literary book or a classic.

I don’t read many classics. In fact the only one I’ve read is Little Women which we had to read last year in English but I didn’t particularly like. I decided to choose one of the books I’m currently reading which is The Great Gatsby. I’m reading this book very slowly but I am enjoying it.

6) Pocahontas – A nature book or a book by a naturalist.

This is probably the category I struggled with the most but I ended up choosing Shades of Earth. This is the last book in the Across the Universe trilogy so I can’t tell you what it’s about but I do remember nature taking a big role in it. Plus, the cover also reflects nature anyway so bonus points.

7) Jasmine – A book about the desire to be free.

I had to pick the Shatter Me series because all Juliette wants is to be free. She wants to be free of the government and of her power. I had to pick this because out of all of my book series this one stuck out as being about freedom. I needed to choose her just because of how much she wants to be free and how much she changes throughout the series. Also it’s an excuse to mention Warner…..

8) Mulan – A book featuring wars or battles.

I had to choose Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows because of the Hogwarts battle. Isn’t this one obvious? Do I really have to explain this? This was definitely one of my favourite battles in books because it was bloody amazing.

9) Ariel – A book featuring curiosity or learning.

Here is where I have to pick the same as Priya. I had to pick Harry Potter because Hermione is very curious and the series focuses a lot on learning new things. Harry learns a lot about the Wizarding World and about himself throughout all the books and I loved the fact that we were learning a long with him.

10) Cinderella – A book featuring manual labour.

I couldn’t think of a book that focuses on manual labour so let’s skip this one. But surely I got extra points for the Shades of Earth cover so that makes up for this.

11) Aurora – A book featuring sleep.

I also had to pick The Evolution of Mara Dyer here because if you have read that book you will know exactly why. I can’t tell you why because it’s spoilery so let’s move on.

12) Snow White – A book featuring one of the seven deadly sins.

For this one I was unsure but I ended up picking Vampire Academy . Lust is represented through Rose and Dimitri’s compulsion scene and envy is represented via Mia’s hatred for Lissa. Bonus points for getting two of them! I seriously love this series and I strongly recommend it.

13) Megara – A book featuring Greek Mythology.

The obvious choice for this would be Percy Jackson but as Priya chose that I decided to choose the book I’m currently reading which is Cruel Beauty. This book is a Beauty and the Beast retelling but in a world where they believe in the Greek Gods. There is a lot of Greek Mythology involved which I loved because I am a big fan of the Greek Gods. I love learning about them and I find it incredibly fascinating.

14) Alice – A book featuring nonsense or unusual words.

For this I wasn’t sure because I don’t read many books with unusual words but then I remembered The Maze Runner .This book is confusing to get into at first because it includes words such as shuck and you are a bit confused as to what they are saying. But once I got into it, I did really enjoy it. I know that many people don’t like it and that’s their opinion but I honestly did really enjoy the first one.

15) Maid Marian – A book with a canine.

For this I had to go with Priya again and choose Legend. I spent ages trying to find a book with a dog in that wasn’t Harry Potter but I could only think of Legend. In Legend, June has a dog named Ollie that she is close with as he is like family to her.

I found that really interesting! Make sure to check out Sofia's blog and twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori