Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tori Talks #2: Cliche Love Triangles


I hate them.

With a passion.

I don't mind a love triangle, some are amazing and I fangirl over them a lot (*cough* The Infernal Devices *cough*) but then you have the media and how they are dramatic about love triangles 
 
The Hunger Games is an amazing series that teaches people a lot of things. It teaches girls that females can be leaders and heroes and that females can stand up for themselves and be strong. Women are usually portrayed as weak but THG says that women aren't just damsels in distress but they can be heroic. It also teaches us that we don't need to have a partner, there are more important things in life that are more serious. But does the media focus on that? No, they say 'Team Peeta or Team Gale?' THAT IS NOT WHAT THE SERIES IS ABOUT. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE LOVE TRIANGLE IT'S ABOUT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!

 
  
 Even smaller series have the problem with the fans. For example, in The Infernal Devices there is a love triangle and it is unlike many other love triangles (GO AND READ IT TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT IT AND HAVE FEELS AND CRY BECAUSE WESSA AND JESSA AND OMG MY HEART). There is a girl and two boys like her, so people choose to ship the girl with one of the boys but then they hate on the other ship. I've seen multiple posts on Tumblr about why the other ship is bad and just no. Stop. Bad stuff. Even if you don't like it, don't be mean to the other ship!
 
  
   
Personally, I think it started with Twilight and the 'Team Edward or Team Jacob' thing. I remember walking into Claire's when I was about 9 or 10 and there was a whole area dedicated to Team Edward things and Team Jacob things. Well....... Thanks Twilight
 

Please let me know what you think in the comments and give me more suggestions for Tori Talks in the future!

1 comment:

  1. *bows down to this post* THANK YOU FOR SUMMING UP MY FEELINGS x3 I think Twilight started it alot too. I can tolerate some but there are points where, like, ten books in a row I read are centered around a love triangle >.<
    I'm team KATNISS! I love Peeta and I hate Gale but I'm not on a team :D
    -Gee :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori