Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Bookish Confessionary: I Get Bookish Jealousy

The Bookish Confessionary is a feature at To Another World that has me ranting about my bookish confessions; thing I shouldn't like or things I hate!

The Bookish Confessionary is posted fortnightly on a Wednesday. It will also use something I never had before: GIF's!

I love people reading my favourite books, and fangirl when I see people with Divergent, TFiOS and Harry Potter. 






But...

I get that type of jealousy, or selfishness, I guess, like, I read that first, and I want to be the only one to feel the magic of it.

So take TFiOS. I read that before it was even in paperback. Like a year and a half ago. And now, there are so many people reading it, including people who don't read at all, which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but... Eh.

There are so many beautiful quotes in it and people just don't get the whole point of it, I suppose, and just think of it as yet another book.

Or they start saying so-and-so is married to them and stuff.

It kills me that there is a spelling mistake in this, but it's too perfect not to use. 


Now I'm not having a dig at people who have only read it recently as opposed to a year ago. But... I just feel like it's MY book.

I also get jealous when people start talking to someone who is reading it and fangirling, and I'm like I read it ages ago, talk to me! Like I'm out of the loop or something.

UGH. 


Anyway. Tori and I went to see Divergent, and they played the TFiOS trailer. We were in PIECES. And in the film, ALL THE FEELS. And then these people are like "I've read the first book I'm amazing".

And I'm there like they are MY characters, it's MY book....

I know it's not and yet I still think it.

Am I the only one who wants everyone to read a book, but when they do gets all weird? 

Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I AM LIKE THIS WITH HARRY POTTER. I'm not J.K Rowling but I feel protective of the characters when people start talking about them. It's stupid but that's how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how you feel, I bought my friend the Hunger Games trilogy for Christmas as she'd never read them and now she's saying it's one of her favourite series and I'm like nonnonono it's my favourite you can't have it!! They showed the TFIOS trailer when I went to see Divergent too - so much fangirling! :D x

    http://blueskygazing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did this with a bunch of fave books that barely anyone has heard of and now I regret it!!! I shouldn't but it's like NO IT'S MINE.

      I'm gonna check out your blog now! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori