Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Bookish Confessionary: I Have Series Tendencies

Another new feature here at TAW, The Bookish Confessionary. Confessing all my bookish sins! It will be posted fortnightly, on a Wednesday, and I will use something I never have before- GIFs!

Images used are not mine.

I do. And bookshelf tendencies. 


I HATE hardbacks, as you have heard before. THEY STICK OUT.

But I hate EVEN MORE, when they CHANGE THE COVERS OF A SERIES HALFWAY THROUGH, or randomly make the last one bigger.


Oh yes, for more money. *COUGH* ALLEGIANT *COUGH* REACHED *COUGH*

AND THEN. When I get books off Amazon, and THEY COME AND THEY AREN'T THE RIGHT MATCHY COVERS even though the picture on Amazon SAID IT WOULD BE.


And I'm just like w h y.

Why do they do this.

And then sometimes, they release GORGEOUS new covers when I have the old covers, again (even though the first were quite nice), Allegiant.


On my bookcase, hardbacks have to be at the end of the shelf, because I have to have a flat shelf. Which is why series with a RANDOM HARDBACK go at the end of one of my shelves.

Sometimes, it's not publisher's fault. I bought Cherry Crush and Marshmallow Skye in book fayres at school, so they were paperback exclusives before the paperback came out. THEN I left and had to buy hardbacks of Summer's Dream and Coco Caramel. End of the shelf they have gone. 

AND THEN SOMETIMES I GET A WHOLE SERIES AND IT ALL MATCHES AND IS THE SAME SIZE AND ALL PAPERBACK AND YAY

So... My crazy thoughts about my series tendencies. Tada. 

Do you have series tendencies? Or bookshelf tendencies? Let me know in the comments and make me feel better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori