Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Bookish Confessionary: I Dislike Hardbacks

Another new feature here at TAW, The Bookish Confessionary. Confessing all my bookish sins! It will be posted fortnightly, on a Wednesday, and I will use something I never have before- GIFs!

Images used are not mine.




I hate hardbacks. 

Most people in the blogosphere start fangirling and stroking the book when they buy a hardback.

I don't.

I find them so awkward to read...

And they get bumped so easily and I AM SO CLUMSY I BUMP THEM EVERY TIME.



Dust jackets, don't get me started on how easily they slip.

Some hardbacks are OK, don't get my wrong.

BUT THE EXPENSE.


They're like twice the price of a paperback (which isn't very cheap anymore, either. I remember the days when a paperback was a fiver. Now they are normally £7.99...)

I don't mind those ones that don't have a jacket, like, say More Than This by Patrick Ness.

They're still awkward but there we go.

BUT STILL THE EXPENSE.


And then you have those massive-hard-back-sized paperbacks. Normally series enders, such as my copies of Allegiant and Reached. They're so annoying on the shelf, sticking up like that, like they're all so superior to the others. Honestly.



But generally, hardbacks annoy me. A lot.

That is my first bookish confession! Comment below what you think of hardbacks and what you want me to fess up to next!

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I have to agree with some of the points you put there! I just hate hardbacks sometimes, they annoy the hell out of me! One of the reasons being the cover slips while I'm reading and I feel like I'm going to break it. They're also very heavy! Although, I love how it looks on the shelf.

    Great post,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I have very few. I really like hardbacks. The only issue I have with them is the size because then my shelf doesn't look as neat and the price, because I could pay half the price for the same book if I were to just wait a few more months. That's why I very rarely buy them.
    Love the feature xx

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori