Monday, March 03, 2014

Discussion: Blogging Breaks: When the Going Gets Tough

At the time of writing this, the 18th of February 2014, I, Charli, have 11 reviews to write. Half of them have deadlines and half of them haven't even had their notes compiled yet. SO. My question today: Do YOU take a break, if you have too many reviews to write? 

This is completely forgetting about any other circumstances, of course. Exams, stress, anything like this. No, I mean, completely because there are too many deadlines.

I don't. I won't. Because...

Taking a break won't make the deadlines and reviews go away, will they?! They'll just prolong them. SO, I say, slowly tackle them. Don't request any more books, don't feel the need to review any bought or gifted books if you don't have the time, and just chill.

Write a review a day, or set small targets. 

Me and Debbie have been speaking about this, because Debbie has NetGalley problems. The short story is that we both have a massive list of reviews to write and TBR to read.

What I'm trying to do is write one review a day, compile one book of notes a day, read 50 pages or so of a book a day.

It's working so far.

What do you do when the going gets tough? Do the tough get going? Or do you do what I'm doing?

6 comments:

  1. To be honest, I have to agree with you. THEY DON'T GO AWAY! They'll still be there when you come back. But, with all the stress reviewing books and stuff, taking a break (as little as half a week) would probably help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, taking a little break, sure. But some people take months, which is fair enough if it's for school or whatever, but if it's just because of the amount of reviews, they're hardly going away. Thanks Erika!

      Delete
  2. I agree! The only way you can do it is to push through. It's hard and I have to get back to my schedules this week (had too much school last week) but it's worth it in the end and you pull through. You can get there! You only have 11 reviews and that's 11 days according to your schedule! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsey! I finished those 11... Now I have just a few I've read this week! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean. There are far to many deadlines in the world to cope with and given that I suffer from severe anxiety, that makes it all the more harder to keep calm about things.
    Currently I am only linked to one publisher - Electric Monkey at Egmont and I have only just been provided with my first book to review. I think the way to manage it is to tell people that the review won't be done at the flick of a switch, it might be a while before things happen. One step at a time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I agree with all of that. Good luck with your reviewing <3

      Thanks Holly!

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori