Saturday, March 08, 2014

Blog Tour: Review of Cowboys and Kisses

Allie had big plans for the future. Falling for a cowboy wasn't part of it.

1. Get out of Black Falls Texas - aka Redneck Hell
(Graduation was eight months away. After that, she was out of there.)
2. Avoid Wyatt Holcomb at all costs.
(Except he was everywhere and kind of hard to ignore since he was hot-and a really nice guy.)
3. Avoid her parents.
(Shouldn't be too hard to do since her father hated her and her mother pretended nothing was wrong.)
4. Stop thinking about Wyatt.
(Which would be a lot easier if he wasn't so sweet... and he'd keep his shirt on.)
5. Decide what she really wants.
(Instead of holding onto the past and the guilt.)

Author: Sasha Summers
Publisher: InkSpell Publishing
Date of Publication: February 10th 2014
Pages: 304
Source: Review eARC from the publisher
Goodreads | Amazon

I received a free copy of this book from InkSpell Publishing in exchange for a honest review. This does not affect my review/opinions in any way. Thank you InkSpell!

Cowboys and Kisses was a really cute read that at the beginning I thought would be cliche, but totally blew my expectations! When I started it, I didn't think I'd enjoy it half as much as I did.

I loved the characters, particularly, of course, Wyatt, the love interest in the book. I also really liked Allie's brother, Dylan, because he seemed nice and smart, but really unlucky in love!

As I mentioned before, I did think this book would be cliche, and yes, there were elements that were, but I kind of expected that... and it worked well into the story, so I have no complaints about that.

The development of Allie and Wyatt's relationship was excruciating, but in a good way! I rooted for them the whole way. I think my only qualm with this was that it was slightly obvious right from the start what would happen.

The description throughout the book was also very good, particularly of Wyatt (funnily enough). I could clearly imagine the city and being there! It took me away from the British winter weather, that's for sure.

I liked the slightly cultural element, too, of Texas and bull fighting. Throughout the story this bought pieces of action that broke up the contemporary romance and angsty teenagers!

Naturally, no book is perfect. I did find the book slightly obvious, as I mentioned before, but this was balanced out by the slow development. I have to say, I found Allie slightly annoying, at points, though. I think she is one of those protagonists that I have come to love

I really enjoyed this book! Even though I normally find cowboy stories boring, this one was fun and interesting. I would recommend this for anyone who likes American, summery contemporaries.




About The Author:
Sasha is part gypsy. Her passions have always been storytelling, history, romance, and travel. She writes lyrical romantic fantasy, steamy contemporary romance, sci-fi romance, and young adult romance. Her first play was written for her Girl Scout troupe. She's been writing ever since. She loves getting lost in the worlds and characters she creates; even if she frequently forgets to run the dishwasher or wash socks when she's doing so. Luckily, her family is super understanding and supportive. 

Twitter - @sashawrites

Buy Links: 






3 comments:

  1. Charli - thanks so much for reading and reviewing Wyatt & Allie's story. I'm so so glad Black Falls gave you a little break from UK weather. :) Glad Wyatt & Dax got to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good cowboy story!

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori