Saturday, February 01, 2014

Monthly Round-Up: January 2014











The first month of the year had been absolutely jam-packed, both at To Another World and in my real world...

In My Real World...

  • I finished my Silver Arts Award!! I don't know if I've actually passed yet, but... It's awesome. 
  • My sister started nursery and they are looking at The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I <3 TVHC and now so does she! They made biscuits and everything
  • I got Flappy Bird. Don't do it. 
  • I have been sticking to all my resolutions! I managed to read 17 books (13% of my goal!) 
Books I Read
Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman; Who Framed Klaris Cliff by Nikki Sheehan; Drawn by Cecilia Gray; The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry; Split Second by Sophie McKenzie; A Million Little Snowflakes by Logan Byrne; The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes; How To Love by Katie Cotugno; Defy The Stars by Sophie McKenzie; Blood Orange Soda by James Larranga; Fracture by Megan Miranda; I Heart Beat by Edyth Bulbring; Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell; Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins; A Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey; City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Top 3  4 of January
  1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Split Second by Sophie McKenzie
  3. Defy The Stars by Sophie Mckenzie
  4. Fracture by Megan Miranda
What's happened at To Another World

Reviews: 

Drawn by Cecilia Gray

The Moment Before by Suzy Vitello

Looking For Alaska by John Green 

Defy The Stars by Sophie McKenzie 

Split Second by Sophie McKenzie

How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan

Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman

Storm and Stone by Joss Stirling

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn

Other Stuff:

I posted my 2014 Blogging and Reading Resolutions

I interviewed Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf, Eric Price and Jamie Baywood

I discussed choosing what to read

I talked about the Writes of Passage scheme for World Book Day

I hosted:
an excerpt on the Cyberstalker tour
a cover reveal for Sworn to Secrecy 

I discussed how much time you spend blogging (and cause comment rampaging by mentioning some silly muggles)

To Another World hit 6 months old! The giveaway (UK) is running till the 3rd of this month, so get in there now!

As you can see, I have had an awesome month blogging wise! School has been another story, but ah well. Swings and roundabouts. 

How was your January? 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, January has been an impressively productive month for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I don't understand how you can find the time to read so many books - I wish I had the time to read that many books in a month, I'm aiming for 10 this month, starting with Fangirl- I NEED to read Defy The Stars, but I'm worried I'll get upset if Flynn ends up with River - she can't go back to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I had like a week of holiday at the start, and there was Bout of Books, so I managed quite a few! I really want to read Fangirl, and Defy The Stars... well... WOW. Thanks Orli!

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori