Monday, January 27, 2014

Discussion: Commenting Politics











Today I'm going to talk about "commenting politics". 

This topic came to mind, when, all over Twitter, I see this:

And, I mean, it doesn't annoy me that much. I do it myself; I don't care about the numbers, but I sometimes do commenting back or commenting swaps. Sometimes people say they're on a comment spree and to link them up, so I do. Why not?

But.

Why is there so much politics to do with it? 

Why, to get comments on our own posts, do we have to comment on tons and tons of others' posts, with a slim chance of getting one back?

The people who get the most comments (excluding amazingly awesome blogs, but in some cases still) are often ones who leave tiny comments on a person's blog, and because they always comment back or feel obliged, they get lots of comments.

why? 

Why don't we all just comment when we love a post if we have the time? Why read it, love it, and skip over it? Time is a whole other matter, but generally, some people only comment because they feel they have to.

And it makes me sad that people get upset when they don't get any comments. I guess I see why, but I feel like they shouldn't be sad because of it...

What's your stance on comments, when do you comment?

Does time prevent you from commenting?

Do you get no comments if you don't regularly comment, or lots of comments if you do? 

Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I comment whenever the urge strikes me and never expect a comment in return. If anyone seems to be feeling sad, I always leave a note because it seems a good use of two minutes of my time if there's a chance it'll cheer someone up. I know how much time/thought most posts take, so if I have anything worth saying (or sometimes, even when I don't!) I leave a comment because it's nice to know someone, somewhere is reading the thing you've taken the trouble to write. R x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started out blogging, I used to comment on a few blogs just so maybe they would check mine out. But I feel like that's fake and just. . . I don't know. It doesn't work for me. I do get bothered if I can't comment on everyone's posts anymore, but that's because I genuinely like to read what they have to say. I try to keep up and I actually comment more than I used to. Depends on how much time I have, of course, but if I enjoyed the post or have something I'd like to say, by all means, I will try to comment. Great post! You're spot on with the tweets. Though I see it a lot on Instagram too. Or actual blog comments. . .

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori