Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bout of Books 9.0 Sign-Up/Targets

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team. 


This is going to be the first read-a-thon I've ever done, and it's going to be my first week of school back from Christmas, so I'm going to set myself a moderate target.

TIME TO DEVOTE TO READING
  • Monday: As I only have school for about 30mins and then am going shopping with friends for a few hours, I'll have quite a few hours to read before I go out to photography class at 5:30pm. So, time for reading: 2-3 hours.
  • Tuesday: I'll have before school, plus about an hour after school due to Scouts, so I'm going to set my time for reading as about an hour and a half
  • Wednesday: On Wednesday I'll have before school, and all of after school excluding homework, so reading time: 1.5 hours to 2 hours. 
  • Thursday: Ditto to Wednesday
  • Friday: Ditto to Wednesday again, but slightly longer so 1.5-2.5 hours. 
  • Saturday: Although I'll have all day, our weekends are always strange, so I'm going to allocate 2.5-3 hours. 
  • Sunday: Ditto to Saturday. 
MY GOALS

I would like to read about 10 books in the week, but it depends on the length, of course, so my goal is going to be 8-15. 

Edit: Turns out I'll have less time than I thought,  so my goal is now 4+ books

BOOKS I WANT TO READ

I'm going to go with the flow :)

 Charli x 

8 comments:

  1. That is a big number of books for not a lot of time to devote so make sure you throw a few short stories in your book stash! Good luck! #boutofbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that is a LOT of books! Good luck! Also, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but some of the words in your post seem to be overlapping? Wasn't sure if you knew. Fab post as always, Charli! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! They don't seem to be on mine, I'll check the HTML :) Thanks Amber!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I forgot about Bout of Books! You've got a pretty solid plan going on, I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, join meeeee!!! Thank you Octavia!

      Delete
  4. Eek thats a lot of books, you are very optimistic! I'll be doing by signup post sometime this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it didn't seem a lot to me and now everyone is saying that :s
      Yayyy! Make sure to link me up!

      Delete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori