Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blogger Spotlight #2: Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes: Most Read Books!

So happy to welcome back the lovely Cat to To Another World today! 

Most Read Books!
 
I'm an avid reader but, oddly, I'm even more of an avid re-reader. When I find a book I absolutely love I'll read it again, and again, and again until I grow out of it or lose interest. I have over 200 books but I still choose to re-read more and more books instead of trying one of the many unread books on my shelf. It's becoming a bit of a problem... Before I try to tackle my problem I thought I would share the love and show you some of my favourite and most-read books. ^_^

Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie

Lauren has always known she was adopted but when a little research turns up the possibility that she was snatched from an American family as a baby, suddenly Lauren's life seems like a sham. How can she find her biological parents? And are her adoptive parents really responsible for kidnapping her? She manages to wangle a trip across the Atlantic where she runs away to try and find the truth. But the circumstances of her disappearance are murky and Lauren's kidnappers are still at large and willing to do anything to keep her silent…
Read count: 8
This is, by far, my most read book.  I haven't picked it up for a few years but I used to absolutely adore it. My copy is looking ridiculous....:P I actually did an essay and solo talk on this book 3 years ago!



The Banana Kid by Valerie Mason-John

So begins Pauline's spirited and moving story of her childhood and teenage years in and out of foster homes and detention units in England. Both realistic and magical, "The Banana Kid" is a celebration of a child's will to survive. It is the first novel by Valerie Mason-John, who lives in London, England.
Read count: 3
This book is so under-rated! I don't actually know anyone who has read this book and most people haven't even heard of it which is a shame because it is such a profound and beautiful book. I first read it about 4 years ago and still love it now. This one really isn't suitable for young readers though so be careful and maybe wait a couple of years. It deals with incredibly mature and upsetting issues so it's best to wait until you're 15/16 before you read it. 



Looking For Alaska by John Green

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
After. Nothing is ever the same.
Read count: 4
I talk about this book non-stop so I won't say too much here. :P This was the first John Green book I read 3 years ago and it sparked off my JG love, making me read all of his other books only weeks after. It's written so beautifully and I just love it so much. :') LFA isn't actually my favourite book of his - Paper Towns is - but it is my most read. 


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.
Read count: 4
The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han are my all-time favourite books for summer. They're so fluffy and fun! ^_^ The first - The Summer I Turned Pretty - is my personal favourite from the three and is my most-read one as it's been out for the longest. I read it every summer without fail and I intend to keep this tradition going!



The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions. He cannot stand to be touched. And he detests the colour yellow. This improbable story of Christopher's quest to investigate the suspicious death of a neighbourhood dog makes for one of the most captivating, unusual, and widely heralded novels in recent years.
Read count: 3
This is another under-appreciated book and I have no idea why as it is honestly one of the most moving books I've ever read. I first read it about 5 years ago and have picked it up twice since then. I cry every time I read it and laugh even more each time. It's beautiful and thought provoking and I just adore it. :')





Thank you so much to Charli for letting me guest post on her lovely blog! I hope you all enjoyed this post. If you want to see more of my posts I'd love it if you popped over to my blog. :3 You don't have to but there are free unicorns over there so...y'know... ;D

Lots of love, Cat
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read, Looking for Alaska, but after reading, The Fault in Our Stars, I'm afraid that Looking for Alaska will be too sad :c
    Great spotlight post!:)

    ~Cambrie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Anything written in reviews or discussions is our opinion or others (credited). If you would like us to review your book, please check our review policy before you email us :)

Thank you for leaving a comment, we reply to them all and they make us really happy! *hugs*

Charli and Tori